OpenID Down the Drain ?

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Fri Feb 8 07:19:20 MST 2008

On Sun, Feb 03, 2008 at 05:38:32AM -0700, Layne R. Sunderlin wrote:
> This looks like an OpenID killer to me.  I wouldn't trust Micro$oft with my
> info.
>
> Microsoft bids $45 billion for Yahoo
> http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/01/technology/microsoft_yahoo/index.htm

Microsoft! snuggles! with! Yahoo! on! OpenID!
By Gavin Clarke in San Francisco
Shared bank accounts next?

Call it co-incidence or call it necessity, but Microsoft has jumped
on-board a Yahoo!-backed initiative to give internet users a single
digital identity.

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/02/07/microsoft_openid_foundation/