February Meeting: Matt Asay and Alfresco

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Fri Feb 8 02:12:02 MST 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 22:02 -0700, Ryan Simpkins wrote:
> Date: Wednesday Feb 13, 2008
> Time: 7:30 PM
> Location: Omniture, Inc.
> Additional details: http://www.plug.org
> *Drinks will be provided (sorry, didn't get the pizza).
>
> This month's PLUG meeting will have a unique spin. We have invited Matt Asay
> and the Alfresco team to come discuss business as it relates to Open Source.
> If you have an interest in business or law surrounding Open Source or
> technology, this is one meeting you do not want to miss. We also will be
> getting an introduction to the very full-featured Alfresco CMS. This is a
> local company, and they are doing some amazing things in this space.

I'm considering attending from what I consider a great distance. I've
been investigating Alfresco for use in my company. Matt or Jared, would
you comment on the topics you plan to cover in the meeting? My company's
current document management strategy involves a large Windows file share
(which in fact is not actually that large). It's messy, hard to find
anything and impossible to track. How does Alfresco solve my problems?
Will you have some good demos of the nifty ways Alfresco can benefit us?

Thanks in advance for the answers. I personally would just like to come
for the drinks, but I need a slightly stronger justification to use my
travel budget.

Corey