linux motherboard with WiFi

Stephen Shaw sshaw at decriptor.com
Thu Feb 7 21:47:07 MST 2008

On Feb 7, 2008 9:40 PM, Doran L. Barton <fozz at iodynamics.com> wrote:

> Not long ago, Stephen Shaw proclaimed...
> > I've never had great luck with the madwifi drivers.  They have worked,
> but
> > had problems with the wireless just dying or having to reboot the
> company.
>
> Reboot the company! Everyone start over!
>
> When I bought my HP laptop about 3-4 years ago, the only internal wireless
> option available was the Broadcomm chipset which kinda-sorta worked with
> NDISWrapper. So, I opted to not get the internal wireless and eventually
> bought a Atheros-based cardbus card by Netgear. That crapped out after a
> couple years and I bought a TrendNet cardbus card which was also based on
> an Atheros chipset. The madwifi driver, courtesy of Livna's RPM repository
> (the kmod-madwifi package) has been solid and dependable...
>
> ... and I've never had to reboot the company.

I really wish I knew what the deal was with the cards that I have.  One was
a netgear and then other I'm not sure about.  Maybe its the APs I'm
connecting to and the cards connecting to my ap.

Stephen

--
Never in the history of mankind has it been possible to produce so many
wrong answers so quickly!