linux motherboard with WiFi

Stephen Shaw sshaw at
Thu Feb 7 21:47:07 MST 2008

On Feb 7, 2008 9:40 PM, Doran L. Barton <fozz at> wrote:

> Not long ago, Stephen Shaw proclaimed...
> > I've never had great luck with the madwifi drivers.  They have worked,
> but
> > had problems with the wireless just dying or having to reboot the
> company.
> Reboot the company! Everyone start over!
> When I bought my HP laptop about 3-4 years ago, the only internal wireless
> option available was the Broadcomm chipset which kinda-sorta worked with
> NDISWrapper. So, I opted to not get the internal wireless and eventually
> bought a Atheros-based cardbus card by Netgear. That crapped out after a
> couple years and I bought a TrendNet cardbus card which was also based on
> an Atheros chipset. The madwifi driver, courtesy of Livna's RPM repository
> (the kmod-madwifi package) has been solid and dependable...
> ... and I've never had to reboot the company.

I really wish I knew what the deal was with the cards that I have.  One was
a netgear and then other I'm not sure about.  Maybe its the APs I'm
connecting to and the cards connecting to my ap.

Never in the history of mankind has it been possible to produce so many
wrong answers so quickly!
                                            - Carl-Erik Froberg