linux motherboard with WiFi

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Thu Feb 7 21:40:32 MST 2008

Not long ago, Stephen Shaw proclaimed...
> I've never had great luck with the madwifi drivers.  They have worked, but
> had problems with the wireless just dying or having to reboot the company.

Reboot the company! Everyone start over!

When I bought my HP laptop about 3-4 years ago, the only internal wireless
option available was the Broadcomm chipset which kinda-sorta worked with
NDISWrapper. So, I opted to not get the internal wireless and eventually
bought a Atheros-based cardbus card by Netgear. That crapped out after a
couple years and I bought a TrendNet cardbus card which was also based on
an Atheros chipset. The madwifi driver, courtesy of Livna's RPM repository
(the kmod-madwifi package) has been solid and dependable...

... and I've never had to reboot the company.

--
fozz at iodynamics.com is Doran L. "Fozz" Barton
 "Avoid entanglement of dog with wheel spokes."