[OT] Re: HB 139 Meeting Today ?

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Wed Feb 6 18:52:20 MST 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 14:40 -0700, Andrew Jorgensen wrote:
> This bill does no such thing.  Go read the text.  I'm not in favor of
> the bill but you should all know that it applies only to access points
> operated by businesses

The bill states

        A person may not provide wireless Internet access to the public
        unless the person restricts access to prevent a minor from
        accessing material harmful to minors.

Specifically excluded are home which are providing wifi for "personal
wireless Internet access", but if you offer any sort of wifi for public
consumption, whether you are a business, a library, or Joe
Philanthropist, you would be subject to the requirements.

Corey