MySQL InnoDB issues

Dan Sampson plug at eharborinc.com
Wed Feb 6 10:30:28 MST 2008

Thanks for you help ahead.  As you can imagine, this is a very
critical / urgent issue.

A partner of mine updated their server last night through a yum
update.  They are running CentOS (not sure on the actual version).  In
the update, I guess it wiped out their MySQL database.  So, they
reinstalled MySQL 5.0.37-community, and that is now running.  However,
we cannot get their InnoDB tables back up and running.  I took their
old data files, and moved them into the correct spot in the new mysql
folder.  When I load the database via command, I see the table names
(show tables;) but when I select or desc the table it comes back with
"ERROR 1033 (HY000): Incorrect information in file: './<databasename>/
<tablename>.frm'."

My my.cnf file is below.  Does anyone have any ideas how I can get
their data back?  Needless to say their last backup was in September.
I know, backup, backup, backup ... but now is not the time for telling
me the correct practices, procedures, blah blah blah ... I need their
data back.

So if someone could please help that would be greatly appreciated.

Again, thanks ahead of time.

Dan Sampson

=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
[mysqld]

datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

innodb_data_file_path =
ibdata1:10G;ibdata2:10G;ibdata3:10G;ibdata4:10G:autoextend
innodb_buffer_pool_size = 3G
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 512M

innodb_thread_concurrency = 0

innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 1