Job Posting -- Linux Administration and part-time Windows Helpdesk
ryanbyrd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 12:12:27 MST 2008
MarketPartner is currently looking for a smart Linux Admin who can
also do Windows support. See below for details.
If you, or someone you know, is qualified, please have you or them
email their resume to itjobs at marketpartner.com.
p.s. (sry for the xposting...)
Linux Administration and part-time Windows Helpdesk. (Salaried 60-80k DOE)
MarketPartner sells small business marketing solutions through both
company-owned vertical web sites as well as partner sites through
small business aggregators. Marketpartner's headquarters are in
American Fork, Utah, just off the 5th East I-15 exit. MarketPartner
experienced growth of over 1,800% during 2007 and is expecting a
similar level of growth for 2008. The company currently has 60
employees and recently moved into a new building to accommodate the
anticipated internal growth.
The qualified applicant will be an integral part of our technology
staff and will work together in a team to create, administer,
integrate, support, and maintain Linux (Redhat.) In addition, the
candidate needs to be comfortable with Network Administration and
Troubleshooting, and Windows Helpdesk. This is a very hands-on job.
You'll need to be able to fire up an SSH terminal and rapidly debug
stuff without Googling first. If you know your way around
grep/netstat/vi|emacs etc., you'll be fine.
Scripting/programming/database experience is a great asset. Because
you'll be dealing with real people daily, you'll have to be socially
inclined; if you hate/dislike/distain humans, this is not the job for
The individual will be responsible for assisting with the integration
of new hardware and software applications. This is a great position
for an individual who is eager to gain invaluable experience working
with clients on cutting edge web applications and configuring the
latest server applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Two data centers with 20 Linux servers and supporting hardware
* Networking/wireless networking
* Software support: subversion, dotProject, Nagios, Wiki, etc.
* Compile/install/maintain Apache, MySQL, PHP, Memcache, etc.
* Asset management
* Software/license management
* Regular hours plus on call for incident monitoring and response
Windows Desktop Support
* Setup new laptops running Windows XP
* Printer setup
* Email Administration (Zimbra)
* Software installation and troubleshooting
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* 3-5 years of real-world experience
* Bachelors degree in Information Systems or equivalent certifications
* Effective interpersonal skills
* Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to both
technical and non-technical end-users.
* Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively
prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
More information about the PLUG