mail relaying question

Christer Edwards christer.edwards at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 5 10:16:39 MST 2008

I generally avoid setting up mail servers as I've had too much pain
and anguish because of them, but I'm in a situation again where I find
I need to set something up.  Hopefully it'll be a fairly simple
solution.  Here is the situation:

I have server1 running at a VPS with a dozen domains, DNS setup, etc.
This has been configured to send mail out and identifies itself as one
of the domains.  I use the outbound mail for things like logwatch
reports coming to my personal account, and email outbound from some of
the blogs/CMS on the server.  Currently there is no inbound
functionality, and I prefer it that way.

I also have server2 and server3 which are run at two residences, no
DNS resolving to these servers.  I would like logwatch output from
these servers to make it to my account, but since they are from
non-resolvable addresses they are always filtered.

Is there a way to relay outbound mail from server2 and server3 through
server1.  again, currently server1 sends valid mail unfiltered to its
destinations, but the others can not.  ...or if there is another way?

Christer