[OT] Vision correction surgery

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Mon Feb 4 23:44:22 MST 2008

smorrey at gmail.com writes:

> That's why it's not generally a good option for people who have thin corneas or kerataconus or a myriad of other things.

I had really aggressive kerataoconus, so I ended up getting cornea
transplants in both eyes several years ago (though not at the same
time).  That was quite an experience.  The least fun part was having
stitches removed.  The best part is being able to see without having
to wear rigid contact lenses, which I could just barely tolarate.  I
still have to wear glasses, though.

> P.s.  I would probably be in ophthalmology today but I kept fainting during my surgical assisting internship :(

That's too bad.  I came pretty close to fainting the first few times
they took stitches out of my eyes.  Not fun.

                --Levi