[OT] Vision correction surgery

Wade Preston Shearer lists at wadeshearer.com
Mon Feb 4 21:41:43 MST 2008

>> I often forget myself and the eye doctor has reprimanded me - kind
>> of like the girl who cleans your teeth who chews you out every six
>> months for not flossing enough.
>
> Ahhhh, I hate her!

She's the one that got me to floss. I had never flossed my entire life
until my mission. I was in Saint Louis and my father realized that
since I was in the states, I could find a local doctor and it would
still be covered by insurance. So instead of going two years without a
cleaning, he had me make an appointment. "The girl" asked me how often
I flossed and I sheepishly smiled and said never. She then came around
in front of me, put her hands on the armrests, and leaned in close and
looked me straight in the eye and said "you're going to floss… every
day." I said yes and have flossed every day since.