[OT] Vision correction surgery

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Mon Feb 4 19:01:27 MST 2008

Not long ago, Gabriel Gunderson proclaimed...
> I'd really like to put that money toward vision correction surgery, but
> I'm unsure about it still.  Where is the technology at today?  Are the
> more expensive providers actually better or do they just need to pay for
> more advertising?  Who's had it and liked/hated it?  Would you recommend
> it to other sysadmins or programmers?  Who would you recommend having do
> it?
>
> I've done some reading on the topic, but everything sounds like
> marketing hype.  Phrases like "advanced technology" don't do anything
> for me :)

Definitely check out the Moran Eye Center. They train other eye surgeons
there, so it's definitely a good place to start. Just go visit with them,
even. I haven't had a procedure done, but I'm familiar with the center and
my wife has talked to them about possibly having a procedure done. There
are lots of options. You definitely want to talk to them about potential
side effects. For some people, dry, itchy eyes are common after correction
procedures so if you're prone to that, it may be an issue.

-=Fozz

--
fozz at iodynamics.com is Doran L. "Fozz" Barton
 "Caution - steps may be slippery, especially during monsoons."