Linux Router/Firewall software

Mike Lovell toelovell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 21:37:09 MST 2008

Hey everyone,
I just recently bought a PC Engines alix2c3 board
(http://pcengines.ch/alix2c3.htm) and am in the process of getting it
set up a my router/firewall. I currently have debian lenny loaded on it
and was going to do all of the firewall/routing/etc by hand. I am
looking at using shorewall to manage the firewall and putting dnsmasq on
it for DHCP and DNS. But I am  curious to see what others on the list
have used for things like this and what do you all recommend. I have
pfSense running as my router right now but am wanting to try something
else. Any thoughts?

Kind of random question but I am mainly curious.

Mike