The Last Straw (was: [sllug-members]: Boycott the Salt Lake Tribune)

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Fri Feb 1 10:42:13 MST 2008

On Fri, February 1, 2008 09:56, Chad wrote:
> Sorry for causing such a rift in the time/space continuum.  I did
> notice that the PLUG list maintainer asked us to limit the political
> discussions and because of that I only sent the message to SLLUG.  One
> reason I thought to send it to SLLUG was that Ron Paul has some
> positions that seem to blend well with Linux and more generally with
<snip>

Do you have your lists mixed up? I didn't want anyone to get the impression
that PLUG was swaying things. It is likely SLLUG that is limiting political
discussion - isn't it?

This list will remain unmoderated. Please see my post on the subject for more
details. If you think Ron Paul is relevant to the Open Source community - post
away - just be sure you have your asbestos underwear on. :)

If you stick on the list for a while you learn these types of threads happen
frequently. That - and a top posting thread which we haven't had a good flame
on in a while. Or a Java versus everything flame thread. Or a reply-to thread.
The list goes on and on. This is what I _love_ about PLUG. You don't have to
be worried if something you post is going to offend someone. You just _know_
it will, and do it anyway! :-)

Maybe we should give PLUG the official motto:
  "Plug in to what's HOT in open source."

Or maybe this one:
   "What happens on the list, stays on the list."
Hrm, I think that one is already taken by the Las Vegas LUG.
</cheese>

-Ryan