The Last Straw (was: [sllug-members]: Boycott the Salt Lake Tribune)

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Fri Feb 1 07:38:11 MST 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 10:04:41AM -0700, Jason Edwards wrote:
> Seriously?  When did the (SL|P)LUG-lists become forums for spewing
> this kind of tripe?!?

I sympathize, Jason. Most folks here are pretty good about returning
to topic pretty quickly. This list is much better than some I've been
on (including, oddly enough, some for the Society for Technical
Communications).

Feel free to ignore posts that don't interest you, whether they are on
or off topic.

> Moreover, I find it more and more difficult to keep my personal
> beliefs from coloring my perceptions of those on these lists.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that he would never let political differences
interfere with a friendship. Please consider adopting a similar
magnanimity, hard as it is to do.

> Can we get back to Linux stuff, or at least something remotely
> technology-related?  Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way -- if
> so, let me know, and I'll unsubscribe.

You aren't the only one. Consider it a self-correcting problem.