Open Office on the Mac

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Mon Dec 29 20:12:58 MST 2008

On 29 Dec 2008, at 20:01, Mike Lovell wrote:

> Russel Caldwell wrote:
>> How well does Open Office work on the Mac?
>>
>> Russ Caldwell
>>
> It has been a while since I have tried it but it seemed to work just
> as well as OO on other platforms. Also, back when I tried it,
> NeoOffice was better to use on a mac since it was ported to use the
> Mac interfaces instead of X11. But it appears they are behind the
> times now. If I had a Mac, it would be what I would use for an
> office productivity suite.

I am on a Mac and I have used OpenOffice as well as the NeoOffice
port.  Not bad.  However, I decided to just go full Apple and buy
iWork.  Great tools.  Although depending on what I am doing I also
just use Google Docs for collaborative work, and sometimes I use
NeoOffice for the occasional compatibility task.  It's all about your
needs and tolerances.