In need of old network adapter

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Sun Dec 28 19:26:26 MST 2008

On Sun, 2008-12-28 at 19:08 -0700, Dave Smith wrote:
> A teenager in my neighborhood is learning about Ethernet LANs. He wants
> to network his home desktop and an old laptop. I agreed to help, but his
> laptop does not have a built-in Ethernet port. To that end, I wonder if
> anyone has either a PCMCIA Ethernet adapter or a USB Ethernet adapter
> that they would like to donate to the cause.

Dude teach him to scratch his own itch! Help him hack up a Linux driver
to turn the serial port into a DIY Ethernet adapter. It'll be the
world's first 0.25baseT Ethernet!

--
When you tell me I should give proprietary software a fair technical
evaluation because its features are so nice, what you are actually doing