SSH within local network

Joshua Lutes joshua at lutes.me
Sun Dec 14 09:21:23 MST 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 11:13 PM, Mike Lovell <mike at dev-zero.net> wrote:
> This is a long shot but some people, who have home networks slightly
> more advanced that just a cheap linksys or belkin, like to have wired and
> wireless connections live on separate networks. If this is the case, you
> need to make sure routing is configured and traffic is allowed between the
> two.
> Just some thoughts.

My first thought was: I'm not sophisticated and this obviously isn't
going to be the problem.  But then I remembered that when I set the
router up I used a password just for internet access and another
password which would include access to the local network.  Guess which
one I've been using on the MythTV box?

I changed the password the MythTV box was using to connect to the
router and now I can access it within the local network.  Awesome.
Thanks a ton, guys.

Thanks,

Joshua