SSH within local network

Mike Lovell mike at
Sat Dec 13 23:13:58 MST 2008

Joshua Lutes wrote:
> Sorry.  I thought that I had and then right after I sent the last
> message I doubted but didn't check.
> ssh -v
> OpenSSH_5.1p1 Debian-3ubuntu1, OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007
> debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
> debug1: Applying options for *
> debug1: Connecting to [] port 22.
> debug1: connect to address port 22: No route to host
> ssh: connect to host port 22: No route to host
So it looks like the one box can't find a route to get to the other.
What do your routing tables look like? (`route -n`) Also, what do you
get when do traceroute the ip address? (`traceroute 192.168.2.x`)
Do you mind sharing what the ip addresses of the different boxes are?
Are the wired and wireless parts of you home network in the same ip
address ranges? This is a long shot but some people, who have home
networks slightly more advanced that just a cheap linksys or belkin,
like to have wired and wireless connections live on separate networks.
If this is the case, you need to make sure routing is configured and
traffic is allowed between the two.
Just some thoughts.