What gets you out to a PLUG meeting?
gthornock at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 12:51:12 MST 2008
--- On Thu, 12/11/08, Doran L. Barton <fozz at iodynamics.com> wrote:
> And what topics could you use to professionally grow?
Offhand, how about:
- Geographic distribution for applications -- particularly
- Partitioning users between data centers,
- Data replication between data centers, and
- Failover, in case something goes Very Wrong
- Introductory Postgresql (possibly for experienced mysql users, possibly not)
- Alternatives to BIND
- for authoritative name servers, and
- as cacheing name servers for local users
- Building a basic home or office firewall
- with iptables
- with pf
- Comparison of dedicated firewall distros: pfSense, m0n0wall, smoothwall, etc
- Whether, when and how to include squidguard, dansguardian or the like
- Setting up database server failover
- Mysql: master ring replication and CARP or heartbeat
- Postgresql: ???
- Git, mercurial, etc.
PGP Key ID: 071B173D
Fingerprint: ED30 B048 6833 56B4 28C0 CE52 F12B 884A 071B 173D
More information about the PLUG