What gets you out to a PLUG meeting?

Jason Hall jayce at lug-nut.com
Thu Dec 11 11:28:24 MST 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 9:53 AM, Doran L. Barton <fozz at iodynamics.com> wrote:
> There was some discussion after last night's awesome SELinux presentation by
> Stuart Jansen (don't worry- we'll be making the audio and video available)
> about what gets people out to  a PLUG meeting, or, more generally speaking,
> what gets people more involved in the user group.
>
> One of the questions that came up was would you be more likely to show up to a
> PLUG meeting if some of the meetings were held during business hours.
>
> Another question that came up was whether you are more likely to attend PLUG
> events if presenters are "big name" people from out of the area or if you're
> into local talent providing presentations.
>
> Anyway, I suggested we bring this up on the list. It was suggested that we
> mark the thread as "off topic" so that it would  generate some discussion, but
> I'll forego that tactic... this time. :)
>
> Anything else we discussed last night that I'm failing to include in this
> petition?

As we discussed last night, I come for good presentations, usually
local people that I know.  But really I come because it's a social
event.  The after meeting time gets different groups talking on topics
as wide-ranging as the list does :)  Add in a pool table and other
things, and we have some fun, and relax with geeky friends.

--
Jayce^

The Cloud is my Platform