What gets you out to a PLUG meeting?

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Thu Dec 11 09:53:09 MST 2008

There was some discussion after last night's awesome SELinux presentation by
Stuart Jansen (don't worry- we'll be making the audio and video available)
about what gets people out to  a PLUG meeting, or, more generally speaking,
what gets people more involved in the user group.

One of the questions that came up was would you be more likely to show up to a
PLUG meeting if some of the meetings were held during business hours.

Another question that came up was whether you are more likely to attend PLUG
events if presenters are "big name" people from out of the area or if you're
into local talent providing presentations.

Anyway, I suggested we bring this up on the list. It was suggested that we
mark the thread as "off topic" so that it would  generate some discussion, but
I'll forego that tactic... this time. :)

Anything else we discussed last night that I'm failing to include in this
petition?

--
Doran L. "Fozz" Barton <fozz at iodynamics.com>
Open-source developer, sysadmin, consultant, and all-around geeky dude