[OT] lazy website software

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Thu Dec 11 09:41:34 MST 2008

On 12/11/2008 09:08 AM, Josh Coates wrote:
> drupal looks like a little complicated (ie. apache, mysql, blah blah, where
> tiddlywiki's single file is the comparison) and "bloggy" and multi-user
> oriented, but i'll give install it and see how painful it is to slim down to
> do what i want.

I forgot about that.  I usually install it, but most people just click
"Install drupal" on their cpanel and that's not a big issue.

I haven't used it as much, but etomite (http://www.etomite.org/) is
simpler.  Still requires mysql and apache, but less bloggy, multi-user, etc.

But it sounds like you're looking for something more along the lines of
http://www.lightneasy.org/.  Or really geeky like
http://www.andreasen.org/smart/ or http://nanoc.stoneship.org/.  All
those are on my "I wish I had a project to try them out on" list, but
they look really spiffy.

FWIW,
Barry