[OT] Ameros will clog the tubes - was Re: Network Neutrality

Andy Bradford amb-plugg at bradfords.org
Sat Dec 6 11:19:46 MST 2008

Thus said Charles Curley on Sat, 06 Dec 2008 07:19:28 MST:

> I quite agree, and was very careful to say, "formerly".

Aha, indeed I did misinterpret the intended meaning of ``formerly.''

> > And with  respect to Walter  Block, while  he may not  be successful
> > financially speaking, he sure does make up for it in the press...
>
> You  must know  something I  don't.  I've never  seen Block's  balance
> sheet, so  I have  no idea  how financially sucessful  he is.  I meant
> solely to point him out as an excellent academic Austrian.

He himself has admitted that he  isn't ``successful'' in his writings. I
suppose that depends  on exactly what is meant by  success. I believe he
was referring to  the fact that he hasn't struck  it rich, although, I'm
pretty sure  he is  not a  suffering economist. As  far as  his academic
credentials  are concerned,  he is  very impressive.  My point  was that
while he may  not consider himself successful with  respect to finances,
his public presence sure does make  up for it. His writings and speeches
are sometimes  very controversial and  evoke extreme reactions  by those
who read and hear them.

Andy
 11:19am  up 11 min,  1 user,  load average: 1.20, 1.11, 0.66