[OT] Ameros will clog the tubes - was Re: Network Neutrality

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Sat Dec 6 07:19:28 MST 2008

On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 12:47:22AM -0700, Andy Bradford wrote:
> Thus said Charles Curley on Fri, 05 Dec 2008 21:56:21 MST:
>
> > A lot of  Austrian economists are to  be found, not on  campus, but on
> > Wall  St.  making  money  with investments,  Alan  Greenspan  formerly
> > being an  example. Peter  Schiff is another.  Walter Block,  at Loyola
> > University in New Orleans, is an excellent counter example.
>
> I would hardly call Alan Greenspan an Austrian Economist. He may
> have been at one point in time, very close to that school of
> thought, but I believe he strayed from that a long time ago.

I quite agree, and was very careful to say, "formerly". Read some of
the things he wrote back in his Ayn Rand days and compare those with
his actions as head of the Fed. Heck, compare those with his action of
taking the job. John Galt was smarter than that.

> And with respect to Walter Block, while he may not be successful
> financially speaking, he sure does make up for it in the press...

You must know something I don't. I've never seen Block's balance
sheet, so I have no idea how financially sucessful he is. I meant
solely to point him out as an excellent academic Austrian.