[OT] Ameros will clog the tubes - was Re: Network Neutrality

Andy Bradford amb-plugg at bradfords.org
Fri Dec 5 21:23:11 MST 2008

Thus said Nicholas Leippe on Fri, 05 Dec 2008 10:14:47 MST:

> I  agree.   Money  is  not  wealth.   Money  is  a  means   of  wealth
> transferrence.

Money  is a  medium  of  exchange. Wealth  (and  perhaps more  correctly
capital) transfers  from those who  provide the best stewardship  of it.
Those who are  successful at meeting their customers' needs  and also in
employing capital to meet those needs gain  more of it, those who do not
are driven out of the market.

> Wealth, is measured in property. An interesting aside is, when you use
> a precious metal as money, it now wears two hats.

The same is true  of paper money. When you use paper  as money, it wears
two hats;  there is a  demand for  the paper qua  money, and there  is a
demand for  paper in other uses.  In addition, the nominal  value of the
paper money far exceeds the market value.

Andy
  9:23pm  up 54 min,  1 user,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 0.97