Stuart Jansen sjansen at
Fri Dec 5 14:19:25 MST 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 13:54 -0700, Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
> How about Google Docs?

Seriously? I've never understood the willingness of some companies to
surrender critical knowledge to the whims of a third party.

1) Security. Internal documentation should be exactly that: internal.

2) Reliability. If the internal wiki goes down, that means everything
else is down too. This is not merely a theoretical problem. Ask any
company that lost an entire day to gmail going down.

3) Control. I want to integrate with other internal apps. Tools should
be shaped to match the work flow of the company, not the other way