wikis!

Kyle Waters unum at unum5.org
Fri Dec 5 14:01:54 MST 2008

Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
> On 5 Dec 2008, at 13:53, Levi Pearson wrote:
>
>>> Why use a wiki when there are so many better options for collaboration
>>> and/or group content management?
>>
>> Because they are dead simple to learn and use.  There's nothing
>> simpler than the pile of papers on your desk or bunch of electronic
>> documents on your desktop, but wiki comes close and allows everyone to
>> see what you wrote.  If the documents you are creating are a central
>> part of your job and you have the time to train everyone on a real
>> CMS, then you probably should.  But simplicity is a real advantage of
>> wiki.
>
> How about Google Docs?

I hate doing things externally.  I prefer that internal docs be
internal.  Especially if the doc is "what to do when the internet
connection goes down"(I know the doc could also be what to do when the
wiki server goes down).

Also everyone already has an internal login and password why make them
create and remember a second one.  I finally got them off of icq......

Kyle