wikis!

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Fri Dec 5 13:53:13 MST 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Wade Preston Shearer
<lists at wadeshearer.com> wrote:
> On 5 Dec 2008, at 13:18, Stuart Jansen wrote:
>> I know it's aiming low, but seriously. If you can't find any pros for
>> using a wiki you either aren't trying very hard, or have never worked on
>> a team.
>
> Great point. I retract my post and replace it with this:
>
> Why use a wiki when there are so many better options for collaboration
> and/or group content management?

Because they are dead simple to learn and use.  There's nothing
simpler than the pile of papers on your desk or bunch of electronic
documents on your desktop, but wiki comes close and allows everyone to
see what you wrote.  If the documents you are creating are a central
part of your job and you have the time to train everyone on a real
CMS, then you probably should.  But simplicity is a real advantage of
wiki.

        --Levi