wikis!

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Fri Dec 5 13:03:39 MST 2008

On Friday 05 December 2008 12:41:20 Kyle Waters wrote:
> I just wanted to get input on various wikis.  I know some people that
> swear by moinmoin but they are python fanatics.  I want something simple
> to set up, authentication via ldap would be nice, and images would be
> nice.   What are the pros and cons of various wikis.

I've installed and maintained MediaWiki, KWiki, and TWiki. MediaWiki is, by
far, the most mature and sophisticated, thanks to Wikipedia. TWiki has a lot
of potential too. I think Joomla has some wiki-like features as well.

I think it really depends on what you're doing, who's going to be using it
(i.e. what their technical competence is), and whether you're planning on
making it public read+write or not.

--
Doran L. "Fozz" Barton <fozz at iodynamics.com>
Open-source developer, sysadmin, consultant, and all-around geeky dude