wikis!

Siddharth Patwardhan sidd at cs.utah.edu
Fri Dec 5 12:57:03 MST 2008

> I just wanted to get input on various wikis.  I know some people that
> swear by moinmoin but they are python fanatics.  I want something simple
> to set up, authentication via ldap would be nice, and images would be
> nice.   What are the pros and cons of various wikis.

This page compares various wiki software, on different parameters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_wiki_software

I've been using moinmoin because it uses the file-system for its
backend data, which probably makes the install simpler.

(I haven't tried the others... but most of them require a database
server for their backend. I didn't have permissions to install and run
a database server on my machine -- that restricted my choices quite a
bit.)

-- Sid.

PS: I'm not a python fanatic... just beginning to get a hang of the
language.