[OT] Ameros will clog the tubes - was Re: Network Neutrality

Von Fugal von at fugal.net
Fri Dec 5 09:26:36 MST 2008

<quote name="Daniel C." date="Fri,  5 Dec 2008 at 10:55 -0500">
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 12:44 AM, Andy Bradford
> <amb-1166294724 at bradfords.org> wrote:
> >> A small amount of inflation is healthy.
> >
> > For whom?
>
> For the economy as a whole... or at least that's what I've been
> taught.  Individual people may occasionally get screwed over, yes -
> especially those on fixed incomes, as you pointed out.  This isn't
> "fair" to the individual who happens to be a high school dropout and
> working at McDonalds and therefore doesn't get a raise that's large
> enough to keep up with inflation, nor is it "fair" to people who lived
> longer than they expected (or failed to plan appropriately) and are
> therefore running out of money.  But who says that an economy has to
> be fair?
You opponents of gold talk about how fiat helps poverty, now here you're
contempting the poor and saying we don't have to be fair to them! You
talk about keeping up with inflation. Why does there have to be
inflation for people to keep up with? Why would no inflation be
detrimental? You can say how you deal with inflation, and that only
'some' people will be hurt by it, but that's still not an argument FOR
it.

Von Fugal
--
Government is a disease that masquerades as its own cure
-- Robert Lefevre