[OT] Ameros will clog the tubes - was Re: Network Neutrality

Nicholas Leippe nick at leippe.com
Fri Dec 5 08:26:44 MST 2008

On Thursday 04 December 2008 09:17:16 pm Von Fugal wrote:
> I'm curius why since you are so adamantly oppose to the federal reserve
> and central banks, yet you seem to think the function they perform
> (expanding the money supply) is so necessary. I agree with all you said
> about the fed, but not only shouldn't the fed control money, nobody
> should. Money supply should not be expandable under any power. I would
> concede that inflation is inevitable, but I don't think it's good or
> necessary (if somehow we were able to have a money that never expanded I
> don't believe that would generate any problems), but inescapable... ya.
> Does that mean we should allow some consortium of men to perform the
> inflation deliberately? Absolutely not!

I believe the amount of currency per capita should remain fairly constant, in
order to facilite the exchange of goods.

If the capita is growing, and the currency supply is not, then there is
obviously less to go around. Scarceness of currency causes poverty. There is
ample history to demonstrate this.

Thus where our capita is growing, so should our currency supply. In fact, it
really should be in lock-step. If we have a decrease in capita, the currency
supply should be likewise reduced. I don't see how this would be so difficult
to regulate. You make the decision once, up front, to regulate it based on a
mathematical formula that takes population (from a census perhaps) and
whatever other economic indicators you choose and go with it. Once a year you
make an adjustment, on queue. No big board of directors doing whatever
adjustment they "feel" "might" help (or suit their own agendas)...