[OT] Ameros will clog the tubes - was Re: Network Neutrality

Andy Bradford amb-plugg at bradfords.org
Thu Dec 4 22:44:33 MST 2008

Thus said "Daniel C." on Fri, 05 Dec 2008 00:09:33 EST:

> A small amount of inflation is healthy.

For whom?

> It means that everyone's money (the amount they currently have) slowly
> becomes  worth  less, and  that's  bad,  but  the overall  benefit  to
> everyone - including the person who's sitting on their cash in various
> investments -  is "better enough"  (sorry I'm operating on  too little
> sleep, you know what I mean) to make up for the slight loss of value.

Tell that to  people living on fixed  incomes who are no  longer able to
make do with what they have. Contrast that with before, when the general
trend  was for  those  on  fixed incomes  to  gain  in purchasing  power
over time  (due to  innovations, technological advancements  and general
improvements in efficiency, productivity, etc...).

Andy
 10:44pm  up  4:44,  2 users,  load average: 1.18, 1.12, 1.09