[OT] Ameros will clog the tubes - was Re: Network Neutrality

Nicholas Leippe nick at leippe.com
Thu Dec 4 12:54:57 MST 2008

On Thursday 04 December 2008 11:12:03 am Von Fugal wrote:
> <quote name="Michael Torrie" date="Thu,  4 Dec 2008 at 10:54 -0700">
> I am oversimplifying a lot in all these points, but I can't stand by and
> let the equally oversimplified statement "gold doesn't scale" just sit
> there.
>
> Von Fugal

Money supplies _must_ be able to expand. Seriously, watch the documentary. I
wish everyone would.

170 years ago, the common people understood this stuff. That's how Andrew
Jackson won the presidency. His singular campaign goal was to abolish the
privately owned central bank, which he did quite thoroughly, and the common
people understood why it was necessary and wanted it. He did such a good job
that it took over 70 years for the bankers to install another private central
bank (the same, deceitfully named, privately owned "Federal Reserve" bank that
we have today). Note, 70 years is at least 3 generations--enough time for the
common people to forget. It's since been nearly 100 years since the fed was
put in--almost 5 generations. No one remembers this stuff. It's a matter of
education, and they aren't teaching it in schools...

It boils down to two problems:
1) Privately owned central banks loan debt-based currency to nations.
   (Private banks can wield control over it's debtors. Don't be daft
    and brush this off as "conspiracy theory"--there's no theory to it, it
    is fact.)
2) Fractional reserve banking allows banks to control the money supply.
   (Thus they can facilitate transfers of wealth to them--the rich get richer)

There are very specific, factual examples of this in the documentary, relevant
to us today.