[OT] Ameros will clog the tubes - was Re: Network Neutrality

Kyle Waters unum at unum5.org
Thu Dec 4 11:18:46 MST 2008

Von Fugal wrote:

> Gold doesn't rust. And when industry needs gold, they can pay market
> price for it. That is, trade a pie or whatever, or maybe they could just
> use some of the gold they sell their product for, and include that in
> the gold cost. As it stands now, they pay dollars for the gold they
> need, how is that any different?

I think this paragraph answers your questions.  If you use a gold
standard then the value of gold would be inflated.  As you pointed out
early in your post we could break it down to an atom and have each atom
be worth a lot of other goods.  Now the problem is we have inflated the
value of gold.  Thus making it too expensive to use for industrial
uses.  Eliminating an entire class of goods. Now if you wanted to use
man made diamonds instead, that would be fine.  After all we have plenty
of carbon.

Kyle