[OT] Ameros will clog the tubes - was Re: Network Neutrality

Von Fugal von at fugal.net
Thu Dec 4 10:25:00 MST 2008

<quote name="Michael Torrie" date="Thu,  4 Dec 2008 at 10:18 -0700">
> Von Fugal wrote:
> > What about the european union? Because Amero sounds like Euro? Nobody
> > said the Amero had anything to do with the Euro, besides maybe a clever
> > naming gimmick. But as you point out, the Amero is nothing like the
> > Euro, so the naming gimmick is aimed at acceptance of the Amero, not
> > some attempt by the so called "conspiracy theorists" to discredit it.
>
> Right.  I'm not speaking to you then.
>
> In my experience, most folks who are most afraid of the Amero point to
> the creation of the EU and the Euro as the beginning of a grand, one
> world order conspiracy.  I mean if 20 something nations can get together
> and "give up their sovereignty" then it could happen to us too!
>
> As for the fallacy of returning to the Gold standard because it somehow
> makes our currency worth something, we'll leave that one for another day. :)

I don't want to drag this out, (and I do think we should return to a
gold standard) but I was merely stating facts and not really making a
case for the gold standard. One 1933 dollar would be worth about 14
dollars today by the most conservative estimates. Some say as high as
40 (unskilled wage) or even 200 (something about GDP which I don't
understand so I don't really count that, since 94% inflation is plenty
enough to get me outraged). My point is regardless the cause, or how the
gold standard could or could not have prevented it, our dollars ARE
devaluing at an alarming rate.

Von Fugal
--
Government is a disease that masquerades as its own cure
-- Robert Lefevre