Network Neutrality

Andy Bradford amb-plugg at bradfords.org
Wed Dec 3 20:31:05 MST 2008

Thus said Von Grant Fugal on Wed, 03 Dec 2008 10:38:20 MST:

> What if  what if  what if.  If people are  going to  play nice  on the
> internet then we can have our current internet. If people aren't going
> to play  nice then we  need a  new, enforceable internet.  It's really
> that  simple. uTorrent  can do  whatever it  pleases, because  there's
> nothing to stop it.

At least until uTorrent users (whether  client side or hosting side) get
slapped with bandwidth  overage charges. :-) If an ISP  can't charge for
this kind of  usage, then their network will become  saturated and cause
the loss  of customers. Bad  ISP goes  out of business,  ``nasty torrent
users'' are forced off the network, end of story.

Andy
  8:31pm  up 15 min,  1 user,  load average: 1.02, 1.05, 0.74