PLUG December Meeting Ideas?

William Attwood wattwood at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 12:59:42 MST 2008

We could discuss PHP 5 and Object Oriented Programming in an MVC framework,
where efficient programming is done by passing objects through the system.
ex:

public function getCustomerByCustomerID(Customer_Model $customer){
   If(isset($customer->getCustomerID()){
      $this->db->where('customerID', $customer->getCustomerID);
      $this->db->get('customers');
      if($this->db->result->count() == 0){
          Throw new Exception("Invalid Customer ID");
      }else{
          foreach($this->db->result as $customerRecord){
              $customer->setCustomerFirstName($customerRecord->firstName);
              $customer->setCustomerLastName($customerRecord->lastName);
              return $customer;
          }
      }
   }else{
     Throw new Exception("Invalid Customer ID");
   }
}

This is of course something that a lot of us are familiar with, but there
may be others that do not understand Design Patterns, PHP Objects and Object
Oriented Programming.

Thoughts?
-Will