Network Neutrality

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Mon Dec 1 08:28:42 MST 2008

Apparently uTorrent is switching from TCP to UDP for file transfers.
This is rather frightening and might force me to rethink my opinions on
net neutrality.  The following article is what brought this issue to my
attention:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/01/richard_bennett_utorrent_udp/

We've all heard stories about the days before TCP congestion control,
which made it possible for the Internet to scale.  Is there still a case
for net neutrality if app writers abandon etiquette on the Internet?

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/