[job([s])+] CPU time available on a 4-node cluster

Bhasker Kode kode at returnable.org
Fri Aug 22 11:02:30 MDT 2008

Hi,

I just wanted to ping to let you know that Hover Technologies is
giving away ssh access to a 4-node cluster, where we're running a
distributed crawler , a cdn , a time-machine among several other
things.

If you have idea's as to how we can clock it to any additional use
that will help us take over the world, we have a couple of empty sets
of chairs & tables, linux box's , wifi across our brand new
"headquarters" that sports a guitar, a bean bag , a sofa to crash ,
and a few of us to give you company.

Among the 3 developers ourselves - we've pretty much covered linux
administration & networking, erlang & python , css & graphics ,
javascript & HTML , plugin development, testing et cetera . So dont
mind us ... you can just chug along doing what you love to do . My
guess is that it possibly be contributing back to the community,
working on crawlers, hack on the backend or UI/javascript . We'll even
chip in a check at the end of the month as well.

About Hover Technologies / hover.in
A little about the company and product. Sometime in 2007, I teamed up
with Arun Prabhudesai a US-return IT/marketing 10+ exp, to co-found
the startup and lead as CEO, while I handle the technology aspects.
Hover Technologies [1] was officially incorporated in 2008, and the
journey has been fascinating so far. We were covered by Yahoo
Developer Network [2] for our involvement in the community  in running
a conference / tech showcase. Hover.in was also one of the 5 internet
startups that were nominated at Proto.in [3] in jan 2008 (the Indian
startup showcase event) of our web-based product that targets big web
publishers and bloggers. The product as such involves the in-text
content delivery, drawing on considerable amounts of work in data
retrieval, natural language processing, and distributed computing
paradigms, apart from innovative takes on client-side usability
challenges . Among our first few developers include a google soc [4]
intern , as well as another Haskell / functional programming hacker .
We just got ourselves a nice plush 3000 sq. ft office [5], so the
ideal candidate must be living in Pune as well, unless you're ok to
relocate. I doubt anyone will be joining us for the salary we're
offering for the first 4-5 months - but with stock opts , deferred
bonus's and salary hikes, it's going to be exciting times at hover.in
as it grows [6].

Share this mail to spread the word,  Ping me back if you're interested
, or please do us a favour and forward this to someone you think can
hack with us. ( btw, we 're looking for a marketing & sales position
in our Mumbai office as well )

~
Keep Clicking,

Bhasker V Kode