comcast is the devil

Brad Midgley bmidgley at xmission.com
Wed Aug 20 09:24:42 MDT 2008

Hey

Another throttling data point... through comcast I was getting 40kbps
trying to download a big disk image (3GB) from msdn.microsoft.com. It
would have taken days to transfer. It finally just timed out.

I sent an email to comcast and they told me I should reset my modem.
Funny thing, the download rate is now 1Mbps and I never did reset my
modem. I suspect most of their data users just give up when a legit file
won't download... then comcast has succeeded in not delivering on their
bandwidth promises.

In the email I compared their download rate to my neighbor's "slow" dsl.
That slow dsl was ten times as fast as their service...

Brad