Failing Laptop Power Cable

Von Fugal von at fugal.net
Tue Aug 19 10:13:53 MDT 2008

<quote name="Joshua Lutes" date="Fri, 15 Aug 2008 at 10:42 -0700">
> Thanks for the links and suggestions guys.  I don't know about soldering,
> but I am not afraid of screws so I think I'll try taking the biddy apart.
> The power supply is probably the worst thing to lose, right?  Anyway, thanks
> again for the links 'n things.

Haha, afraid of screws. I laugh because HP apparently has no fear of
screws. I had this exact problem, I was still under warranty so I sent
it in. It came back and worked like a charm (for 10 seconds) then my
roommate asked if there was supposed to be sparks flashing in the rear.
I checked it out and there was a loose screw floating around in there.
Sent it back to HP again to get it done right.

Von Fugal