Failing Laptop Power Cable

Jordan Gunderson jordy at gundy.org
Thu Aug 14 00:48:30 MDT 2008

Joshua Lutes wrote:
> My power cable has been acting up lately where it will only charge the
> laptop if it is in *just* the right position and there doesn't really seem
> to be any way of telling the right position.  It is an HP Pavilion.  Is
> there a way to fix this, and barring that, can anyone tell me of a shop
> perhaps in or about Provo that I might be able to get it fixed at?  Sorry if
> this is off topic ...

Hi Josh,

I actually looked into this for my crappy HP Pavillion just last night.
    :)

If you know how to solder, have access to equipment, and have an
indomitable will, this is the cheapest option I found:
	http://tinyurl.com/6dab7n
Be warned that there are about 100 screws before you get to it.  :)
(Cost $5.00, plus shipping)

If you have an indomitable will, but no soldering stuff:
	http://tinyurl.com/5ccd6m
Same 100 screws apply.
(Cost: About $25, plus shipping)

If you have some money, value your time, don't mind shipping your laptop
in the mail, and just want to have someone repair it for you:
	http://tinyurl.com/6kejet
(Cost: $40 + Shipping both ways)

I don't know of any local solutions.

I hope that helps,