Copying a MySQL database FAST

Kirk Cerny kirksemail at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 07:51:41 MDT 2008

Could you set up the second machine as a Slave using MySql replication
and then replicate the data over to the other box in real time without
taking down MySql,
And then stop the replication? This would make a backup without
bringing down mysql. Unless you have to bounce it to start and stop
replication.

Kirk Cerny