Your mom called, said it’s time to register already

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 23:46:51 MDT 2008

While you were out, your mom called and asked that we tell you, "If
I've told you once, I've told you a million times, leave your muddy
shoes outside… And, make sure you register for the 2008 Utah Open
Source Conference before August 7 because that's when early
registration ends and the price goes up!"

She added, "If your father finds out you waited until registration
costs $100 ($50 for LUG members like you, ask your Leader), he will
not be happy with you."

It sounds like she's pretty interested in your going to the
conference. Make sure you invite her and your dad (and other family
members) to come on Saturday, August 30 because that's Family Day.
They can come (for free with a paid attendee) and learn how open
source can enrich their lives too.

About this conference thing

The 2008 Utah Open Source Conference is the second annual gathering of
open source enthusiasts in Utah. Following the amazingly successful
first conference held in 2007 at Novell's Open Source Technology
Center in Provo, UT, this year's conference is being held on the
Redwood campus of Salt Lake Community College near Salt Lake City.

For more information about this conference, to register to attend, or
to see a really neat website driven by open source software, go over
to <http://2008.utosc.com/>.