Job Posting, Storage Administrator, The Generations Network (Formerly MyFamily.com)

Brad Zobrist mitchk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 13:32:59 MDT 2008

We have an opening for a Storage Administrator.
This position will be in a team of 3 storage administrators managing
over 2 Petabytes of raw storage space.
If you are would like more information or are interested you can email
me or submit your resume to HR, resume at tgn.com.

Brad Zobrist
bzobrist at tgn.com

Here is the job posting:

THE GENERATIONS NETWORK
ancestry.com | genealogy.com | myfamily.com | rootsweb.com | family tree maker
STORAGE ADMINISTRATOR

What's The Generations Network?
The Generations Network, Inc. is the leading network of family-focused
interactive properties which include Ancestry.com, MyFamily.com,
Genealogy.com, RootsWeb.com and Family Tree Maker.  The flagship brand
– Ancestry.com is the undisputed global leader in online family
history.   We are a global business with teams on the ground in six
countries and web properties in nine countries. We are a team of
hardworking people passionate about connecting families across
distance and time.

Job Description:
The Storage Administrator designs, plans and coordinates the install
of all storage infrastructure, as well as administer and report on the
day to day activities.  Monitors storage and plans for capacity,
capacity upgrades, and reports on and resolves performance issues.

Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
Performs day to day administration and monitoring on all installed
storage platforms.
Performs SAN management tasks, zoning, LUN masking of various disk
types to the appropriate platforms.
Evaluates new technologies, both hardware and software, and recommends
these technologies to management as necessary.
Evaluates and implements third party software products to support the
above listed tasks.
Provides technical expertise to architect and support applications and
technologies in a large scale 24x7 environment.
Ensures all storage systems provide highest commitment to operational
standards and controls.
Provides mentoring and training to other administrators.

Required Skills:
Requires three to five years experience in system and storage
administration, SAN and NAS administration and configuration in a
large 24x7 environment, and a technical degree preferred;
Experience with switches, including zoning and command line server
administration;
Experience with 3par, Netapp, Isilon, Nexsan, and McData preferred.
Experience working with and managing windows, linux, solaris systems.
Experience with a storage provisioning process;
Experience with host level HBA configuration;
Experience with Disaster Recovery (D/R) solutions;
Excellent communication skills;
High initiative and ability to work independently and according to
strict schedules.

Interested? Here's how to apply:
Begin your online application by submitting your resume to
resume at tgn.com.  Please reference STORAGE ADMINISTRATOR in the subject
field of your e-mail.

Working for The Generations Network
We're looking for individuals who want to make a difference in the way
families connect and share information online. Our work environment is
fast-paced, challenging but also extremely fun! You'll work with a
team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits
and a competitive compensation package. We are located in the heart of
Provo, Utah with easy access to I-15.  For additional information
regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our
website at www.tgn.com.  The Generations Network, Inc. is interested
in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal
opportunities for employment.