Inquiry on Apache CGI

b p trixtirslists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 19:24:15 MDT 2008

Hello All,
I'm trying to run apache virtual hosts on my box at home for myself and a
few friends. The issue that I'm having is that when I browse to my cgi-bin
with: http://www.<myDomain>.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi it says I have no
permission to run the file, or in some cases it actually tries to download
the file.

I've checked permissions on all the directories, and the files to make sure
they are executable by  my apache server. I'm kind of stuck, and looking for
some advice.

I have included an example of my virtual server setup. I have removed
personal information for the obvious reasons. Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Trix

<VirtualHost *>
 DocumentRoot /home/<user>/public_html
 ServerName <myDomain>.com
 ServerAlias www.<myDomain>.com
 ServerAdmin <user>@<myDomain>.com
 <Directory /home/<user>/public_html>
  AllowOverride None
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
 </Directory>
 <Directory /home/<user>/public_html/cgi-bin>
  AllowOverride None
  Options +ExecCGI -Includes
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all