May Meeting - MySQL!

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Wed Apr 30 11:25:15 MDT 2008

Date: May 14th, 2008
Time: 7:30 PM
Location: Omniture, Inc.

MySQL will be flying Jay Pipes (North American Community Relations Manager at
MySQL) in to Salt Lake on the 14th for the sole purpose of addressing PLUG.
This is a great opportunity for those of you out there using MySQL. Please
spread the word. Set your calendars.

Topic details still not finalized. I'll send a follow up when we have it
locked in.

His bio:

Jay Pipes is the North American Community Relations Manager at MySQL.
Co-author of Pro MySQL (Apress, 2005), Jay has also written articles for Linux
Magazine and regularly assists software developers in identifying how to make
the most effective use of MySQL. He has given sessions on performance tuning
at the MySQL Users Conference, RedHat Summit, NY PHP Conference, OSCON, and
Ohio LinuxFest, amongst others. He lives in Columbus, Ohio, with his wife,
Julie, and his four animals. In his abundant free time, when not being
pestered by his two needy cats and two noisy dogs, he daydreams in PHP code
and ponders the ramifications of __clone().

-Ryan