Setting up Rails for Virtual Hosting?

Kurt Griffiths kurt.griffiths at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 16:40:54 MDT 2008

That may be a good way to start out, simply because you will be up and
running a little faster (less to configure). However, I would still
recommend moving to Nginx at some point. I've found that there is a lot of
variability between web server performance, even for static content. The
difference becomes more and more obvious the more traffic you have. And even
for low-traffic sites, Nginx will make the website feel more "snappy" for
your users.

Of course, all this depends on your ratio of static-to-dynamic content. And
how much Russian you understand. ;)

Kurt