VPS on the cheap

Steven Alligood steve at bluehost.com
Fri Apr 25 14:56:47 MDT 2008

chabon wrote:

> I don't know how many
> accounts they have that are using close to those limits, but it would
> have to be a very small percentage of their base for BH to offer those
> plans and still make money.

You are correct.  If everyone used the limits that are given, the
accounts would cost a lot more than they do.

It is a fairly well used business plan; most ISPs use it, Amazon uses
it, security companies use it, Sears and Best Buy use it, etc.

All you can eat shipping for one low price with Amazon Prime?

15 Mbit/sec on iProvo?

The guys that knock on my door and tell me that I can have a security
system FREE (with "about a dollar a day" monitoring service)?

And has anyone here ever bought the extended service plan on electronics?

You are also right that many companies advertise near infinite limits on
things to get customers and then have other caveats that make the
consumer think they can never get to those advertised levels.  Often it
is the individual not reading the Terms of Service when they sign up.
And sometimes it is the company blatantly not giving what they claim.

Bluehost does everything it can for the customers, and often goes out of
it's way to help.  Sometimes the use that the customer wants is just
beyond what can be given and still have the other customers function.

And just to keep things geeky and lighthearted, Mr. Spock once said "The
needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...or the one."